When it hit the market in 2001, the Rawlings Pro Preferred Series provided an industry-first design with its Kipskin Leather construction. Ever since, it has been a staple for many of baseball’s elite players. Each Pro Preferred glove begins with the selection of the high-quality Kip Leather. This leather is only picked from hides weighing 30 pounds or less, giving the end product a lighter feel than a similar design made of Steerhide. Pro Preferred leather features a tight grain structure which leads to a supple feel, exceptional durability, and custom break-in for the player. This Series will require about 60% of the break-in from the player. More structure out of the box lends itself to a longer useful life after seasons-worth of wear. Adding to the overall durability of the glove, Rawlings requires the laces in each Pro Preferred glove to reach 100 lbs tensile strength in testing; where strength is needed most. Each model also helps wick away sweat with the Pittards Performance Sheepskin Palm Lining, and the 100% wool padding ensures a premium fit.
- Break-In – 30 Percent Factory, 70 Percent Player
- Pittards Sheepskin Palm Lining Improves Comfort and Fit
- Laces are Pretested at 100 LB Tensile for Strength and Durability
- Full grain Kip skin leather shell
- Modified Pro H web is similar to the Pro H web, but modified for softball glove pattern