When it hit the market in 2001, the Rawlings Pro Preferred Series supplied an industry-first style with its Kipskin Leather building. Since, it has been a staple for many of baseball’s elite players. Each Pro Preferred glove starts with the choice of the premium Kip Leather. This leather is just selected from hides weighing 30 pounds or less, providing completion item a lighter feel than a comparable style made of Steerhide. Pro Preferred leather features a tight grain structure which leads to a supple feel, extraordinary toughness, and custom break-in for the gamer. This Series will require about 60% of the burglary from the gamer. More structure out of the box lends itself to a longer helpful life after seasons-worth of wear. Including to the general sturdiness of the glove, Rawlings needs the laces in each Pro Preferred glove to reach 100 lbs tensile strength in testing; where strength is required most. Each model also helps wick away sweat with the Pittards Performance Sheepskin Palm Lining, and the 100% wool cushioning guarantees a premium fit.
- Break-In – 30 Percent Factory, 70 Percent Gamer
- Pittards Sheepskin Palm Lining Improves Comfort and Fit
- Laces are Pretested at 100 POUND Tensile for Strength and Durability
- Full grain Kip skin leather shell
- Customized Pro H web resembles the Pro H web, but customized for softball glove pattern